Garage door openers should be reliable. But what happens if your opener isn't working as it should? Before making any rash decisions like a DIY fix or skip calling a professional, take a look at the main reasons homeowners call experts about their garage doors.
One of our garage doors we worked on
A Noisy Door
- Banging: Your door bangs or knocks when opening or closing. This may mean it's unbalanced. A spring adjustment is usually needed but a wrong adjustment can result in a dangerous injury and become a safety hazard.
- Squeaking: Possibly the most common noise that homeowners hear and have concerns over are squeaky noises like that of a mouse. Consistently squeaking and squealing means the door may have have a loose roller, hinge issue or need extra lubrication.
- Rattling: A rattle often indicates loose nuts or bolts on an unbalanced door.
An Unresponsive Remote
- Old Battery: Replace the battery in the remote. Simple enough and does not require a professional to fix.
- Old Opener: Not much you could have done. The older automatic opener may have just met it's end. A garage door contractor can help you choose and install a new model.